My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Are You A Cheat?

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more


When it comes to eating what I want on my Cheat Day, I am very faithful. After six days a week of eating clean, I've earned my right to cheat.

Yes, I cheat. And I do so without guilt, as should you.

It's not that I feel deprived during the week, but as I've said before, I like my occasional burger with fries (last night, for instance), my margaritas, my pizza, my chocolate, my cookies, and my chicken quesadillas from the Farmer's Market with the special avocado sauce. Allowing myself a cheat day once a week keeps me sane. It allows me to get my cravings for the week out of way and gives me the strength to eat clean the days to follow.

If I were a superhero, I would not need a cheat day. Luckily, I'm not. I continue to see results, month after month, despite and perhaps even because I allow myself a cheat day.

I know of too many cases were people aim for 7 days of clean eating, only to find themselves sabotaging their results by repeatedly not being able to say "Not to Cookie" despite their best efforts.

So: What exactly do I mean by cheating?

How far can you embrace the notion?

When I first started Slim in 6, I hate to admit it, but I would usually go for broke on my designated Cheat Day. I'd start my morning with pancakes and finish up the evening with a giant meal and maybe even a dessert. Gradually, I've moved away from this approach, mainly because it makes me feel gross the next day and because I naturally crave junk less often. But, I still have my days where, um, let's just say I go a bit overboard.

Ideally, you would have one cheat meal per week and not a cheat day. But, how can I preach something that I cannot always abide by myself? I have a cheat day, I declare, and I am happy with my results.

So, go on, cheat. It's okay.

But once your cheat day is behind you, recommit to Bringing it in the kitchen and leaving it all on the mat for the next six days.

Bring it!

Barbie


No comments: