My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Time Well Spent


As we get ready to start the Slim Spot challenge, I thought it would be a good time to reflect a bit on time itself and what we do with the twenty four hours that we are allotted each day.

At this very moment, I confess, I am putting off starting a small writing project that really should have been done last week. It will get done and it will get done today, but darn, why do we put ourselves through the torture of putting things off?! Anyway, all that to say that I am far from perfect and not always on top of everything...and trust me, I know a thing or two about tackling big monsters.

But, I also know that the best way to tackle big projects--like getting in shape--is to break it down into sizeable chunks. The number one tip for success? Just get started! You'll figure out all the different pieces to the puzzle as you go through the process. Oh, and you'll find plenty of people to help you along the way. That I am sure of.

This was me when I started my BeachBody journey in August of 2007:



I didn't know where I would wind up when I started on that Monday, but I knew I was done with feeling the way I felt.

This is me today:


Getting to this point didn't happen overnight, but it did happen. I never would have believed that I could be this fit and feel this in charge of my own life. It feels, for a lack of a better word: AWESOME!

So, kids, get ready to bring it this Monday! Wherever you are in your journey, look at this 31-day period as a doable chunk. When you get to the end of the challenge, October 24, get ready to move on to the next goal.

Together, we will get to where we want to be!

Bring it!

Barbie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Barbie - you so rock! Josh is my coach; but you are an inspiration. Rock on!

Scott (aka "CountryFunk")