My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Power of Discipline



Dear Boys and Girls,

Perhaps the best decision I could have made for this 30 day fitness challenge was to commit to getting ready as soon I'm done pressing play first thing in the morning. Commitment is a beautiful thing. It leaves no room for excuses. As soon as I get up around 5am, I make coffee, press play, walk the dogs, eat, shower, and get to work. Now that I think about it, my decision to not waste any time is only sort of related to fitness. Isn't that a beautiful thing, too!

I'm done procrastinating with my book. I'm done fearing that it's just too much. The best way to get started is to get started. The best way to complete a task is to get to it.

Being on a structured eating and exercise schedule, I am sure of it, helps us structure other parts of our lives.

The year is young. I want to make sure I stay on the right foot. My little Notes from the Universe (www.tut.com) or weekly newsletters from www.Nightingale.com serve as great reminders that the time is now and that I can actively create the life I want.

Bring it on!

Barbie, PhD

Below is a partial installment of the Nightingale Newsletter. Enjoy!

***




Learn more...

The Power of Discipline: 7 Ways It Can Change Your Life

By Brian Tracy

The Power of Discipline is about how discipline alone can be the difference between winning and losing; between greatness and mediocrity. Join Brian Tracy, best-selling author and sought-after speaker, as he gives you the tools to help make your dreams come true!


Excerpted from The Power of Discipline

Self-Discipline & Time-Management

“If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self.” ~Napoleon Hill

There is perhaps no area of your life where self-discipline is more important than in the way you manage your time. Time management is a core discipline that largely determines the quality of your life. Peter Drucker says, “You cannot manage time; you can only manage yourself.”

Time management is really life management, personal management, management of yourself, rather than of time or circumstances. Time is perishable; it cannot be saved. Time is irreplaceable; nothing else can replace it. Time is irretrievable; once it is gone or wasted, you can never get it back. Finally, time is indispensable, especially for accomplishment of any kind. All achievement, all results, all success requires time.

The fact is that you cannot save time; you can only spend it differently. You can only move your time usage from areas of low value to areas of high value. Herein lies the key to success, and the requirement for self-discipline.

Time management is the ability to choose the sequence of events.

No comments: