My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Showed Up Today for Tony's ONE ON ONE Medicine Ball Core Cardio


Dear Boys and Girls,

Wouldn't it be great if we always felt like working out? I bet that many people beat themselves up because they don't always feel their mojo. Well, kids, I'm here to tell you what Tony Horton always tells you: You just have to show up! Yes, it WOULD be great to always feel motivated and energetic. But given life's demands, and well, just life, it's not possible. We have our energetic days and we have our blah days.

I'm in great spirits today, but the last thing I wanted to do this morning was workout. I wanted to be at the Farmer's market, I wanted to read my new book on investing, I wanted to be blogging (hurray), but I did not want to be exerting myself physically today. It is just one of those days.

But, I did it anyway, because I know that getting results is about showing up six times a week and eating clean. And guess what? Tony showed up, too. He confessed at the beginning of our session that he felt "spent" from the previous workout. Of course, Tony is Tony and I imagine he rarely does a workout half-heartedly. But, I'll take his word for it and believe him that at least for today he wouldn't go at full intensity.

It was a great workout, not as long--only 37 minutes, it felt shorter--than the regular P90X workouts. Working with the medicine ball gave me something new to focus on, so I wasn't 100% obsessed about how I didn't want to be there. Well, I sort of was. I kept thinking, Should I stop?

I wanted to stop after every four or so minute set. But, I didn't. Just like he said in the video, I knew that I would feel better afterward. And I did. I do.

This is not a killer workout like plyo, but it's a very good one. And you can always bring up your intensity, with this or any workout.

Okay, now that my workout is out of the way, I'm ready to go have some fun.

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

No comments: