My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy BeachBody Anniversary, Barbie!


Dear Boys and Girls,

Two years ago today I began my BeachBody journey. It was the same day that I was to move to a new state, from New York to Texas.

It might seem crazy that I chose to begin my journey on moving day. I was headed to a new city, where I knew no one but my employers and with nothing but two suitcases and my two dogs. But, I was ready. I had had enough.

The morning of the move, I woke up at 4 or 5 am to press play to Slim in 6's Start it Up. I bought some special K bars as snacks and a salad at the airport. The day that I arrived to my new apartment, I went to the supermarket to buy my food. Seriously, looking back, I don't remember quite how I did it. I think I microwaved my eggs since I didn't even have a cooking pan. But, oh, where there is a will there is a way.

I knew I was going to succeed. I feel myself getting emotional and goose pimply right now. I hated feeling fat and looking like I was four months pregnant. I wanted to start my new life fit and nothing was going to get in my way.

As many of you know, I partially tore my calf tendon on the 5th day of doing Slim in 6. After a few days rest, I modified my moves, and did what I could. And I haven't stopped since.

I really can't express just how much my life has changed since beginning my journey. I am me, but a much happier, better version! I am, I guess, who I have always wanted to be. I'm helping myself and helping others. That feels good. I am fitter than I ever thought I could be and only getting better.

Woah, I really do feel emotional. Well, I have a writing deadline to meet, but I wanted to stop here and celebrate my two-year anniversary.

Thanks to everyone out there in the BeachBody community and to those who read my blog. You inspire me daily to keep bringing it and keep sharing.

Thank you!
Barbie, PhD

1 comment:

NTAC said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BARBIE! All BB followers and even the lurkers..those on the wagon, and even those who fall off the wagon..are very lucky to have you as a beacon of light, a compass of sorts to show us that in the end, pp, eating clean and having a community of friends and support is the beginning of a wonderful journey. Thank you Barbie for being you!