My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Slim in 6, Week 4. Just Suck It Up!


Dear Boys and Girls,

I am on week 4 of Slim in 6....

....and I just want to scream! I am sick of it! I'm sick of the lunges, the squats, and oh, those darn leg lifts. The other day I had to laugh at myself when I literally gave Debbie the finger when she asked me to do one of her moves.

Every morning I wake up and play the same old game. I tell myself, "Hmm, maybe I should do another workout? try Insanity again? or Tony's One on One. Turbo Jam might be way more fun."
But despite this little voice which is pretty loud actually, day in and day out I find myself pressing play to Slim in 6's Burn it Up.

WHY?!! Because I know Slim in 6 delivers. Because I have faith in the process. Because I know this is where it counts. When I did my first round of Slim in 6 back in 2007, I really began to see results AFTER week 4. I only lost 2 or 3 pounds in weeks 5 and 6, but I looked and felt different.

I know a lot of folks find week 4 and/or 5 to be dreadful. I won't lie, I'm feeling it, too! But, just keep pushing. Tell yourself, "I'd rather be bored than fat."

And remember, you have to bring it in the kitchen if you want to see results.

So, BRING IT! Your partner in fitness,

Barbie, PhD

2 comments:

screwdestiny said...

So, I see why you do it, and that's cool that it works for you, but I SO don't have that attitude when it comes to my exercise and diet regimen. Me, I like pleasure. And if something's not doing it for me, I've got to change it. That's why I love Turbo Jam and Yoga Booty Ballet. They're so fun, and there's a ton of different workouts in the series that I never get bored and I always look forward to the workouts. And as long as I stick with the program, I still see results. Same with eating. If the diet tastes like crap, I can guarantee I'll stick with it for about two days. So I've learned to find healthy food that's still flavorful. I think this is how a lot of people are, and why a lot of people fail when it comes to losing weight; they get bored/hate something they're doing so they stop.

Coach Barbie, PhD said...

Hey girl, I love this blog comment. Thank you for stressing the importance of the FUN FACTOR.

I think that's why BB programs are so great, there is so much variety and the company is always coming out with new products.

I also like pleasure, don't get me wrong! But I do Slim in 6 for a variety of reasons, which I should expand upon:

1. I actually do enjoy the workout, especially when i don't want to put a lot of thought into it. I'm super busy right now, so Slim in 6 allows me to go on automatic. Pop it in, and just do. It works for me.

2. I think it's an excellent program for people who don't know what the heck to do to lose weight and want to lose it. I think a six week commitment is not a whollllle lot to ask, especially given the results one can get. I do think that after six weeks, it is a good idea to change.

But for me, i also go back to it because I'm a coach. Doing it allows me to blog about it and to stay connected to the hundreds of mostly women who are doing it! SO, it allows me to always know where they're coming from, you know?

But in your honor today, I did TURBO JAM, Cardio PARTY 2 or 3.

As for eating, ABSOLUTELY, I like pleasure and my food has to taste good. I eat clean, but GOOD STUFF! People fail, i agree, because they think they have to eat bland chicken, tuna, and egg whites all day long.

Today I had yummy waffles and almond butter, almond milk and whey protein shake. That was just breakfast. IT's such a treat for me!

Anyway, thanks for writing!! really appreciate your input! Barbie