My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Barbie's BeachBody Results: Down Memory Lane





Dear Boys and Girls,

In preparation for our next Eating Clean Challenge, let me take you down memory lane and remind you how very much change is a process.

So many of my coachees get discouraged and fall flat on their butts because they don't see changes right away, or because they make a mistake, or because they don't see the types of changes that they want to see in the amount of time they expect to see them.

Perfectionism and false expectations will only lead to further disappointment. You can get to where you want to be, but you have to be willing to travel the long road. It's the only way.

Day by day. Week by week.

Your friend in health,
Barbie, PhD
TOP COACH! (yes, Rebecca!)

BEFORE: AUGUST 2007





SIX WEEKS LATER, SLIM IN 6 RESULTS.

I lost 11 lbs and was thrilled. Looking back, I look nothing like that today. You have to learn to celebrate the small steps. I did that right off the bat and believe that that's what kept me going.

SEPTEMBER 2007



At least 8 months later, after a round of P90X, P90X Plus and Slim Series. See, change didn't happen overnight! That's 8 months of bringing it hard on the mat and in the kitchen.

APRIL 2008



SEPTEMBER 2008



At this point, I was like, Okay, I'm ready for a six-pac. I had been committed all along, but I was really ready to take it up a notch. My goal was to be a Million Dollar Body monthly winner. I didn't know I'd have to wait til April 2009. :)

Patience is key.

I Won! Miss April 2009. Chalean Extreme did something great for me!



Now, seven months later, I'm getting stronger and leaner. I am finally getting to where I had only once dreamed of being. And I'm only getting better!

No comments: