Happy Tuesday, Boys and Girls!
I've received quite a few emails from excited bunnies ready to go on this most awesome roadtrip to X-land with Barbie. Yeah, let's Brrrrrrrring It!!
But before you start packing your bags, Barbie has to make sure you're body is physically ready for the trip.
Guys (and gals, of course), if you've completed Slim in 6, Slim Series, or any other Beach Body Program, then you are most probably physically ready for the X. If you have been out of commission for a while, meaning that you have not been physically active at least 3 times a week for a few months, then, my advice would be for you to a wait a bit before embarking on the X journey.
I've heard of too many cases where people quit after the first week because they are physically and psychologically unprepared for the challenges of the X.
If you have any doubt at all, please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can determine whether this program is right for you.
Also, while many folks drop weight with the X, if you are primarily out to lose weight, I would begin with Slim in 6 or Slim Series, whether you are male or female. The X will always be there, and you can be certain that Barbie's Third Journey to X-land will not be her last. I am addicted!
Okayyyyyyyyyyy. Now that that's out of the way....
If you are somewhat fit and psychologically AMPED to Start the X, this is what you'll need to pack:
- A Can-Do Attitude. If you think you can't do it, then you probably can't. If you think you can succeed, you will! This roadtrip is long. No Whiners please!
- P90X itself
- Pull-up bar. Beach Body's pull-up bar is great (because you don't have to mess with screws), but not necessary. Model's, Sports Authority, and Target all carry standard pull-up bars.
- Weights or Bands. I ONLY used resistance bands for Round 1 of P90X and achieved awesome results. I bought a set of BeachBody weights (3, 5, 8 lbs) for about 40 dollars.
- Recovery drink. One tub a month. I love BeachBody's Recovery Drink, but you can also purchase other brands at GNC and the Vitamin Shoppe. I have tried and like a brand called Accelarade.
- Optional: a tub of whey protein.
- Optional: a nice BRING IT OUTFIT! You deserve it!
There's strength in numbers, kids! Let's do this!
Shop for products
Have Barbie Coach You. It's Free!