My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pack Your Bags, Kids, We're Going to X-Land!



Happy Tuesday, Boys and Girls!

I've received quite a few emails from excited bunnies ready to go on this most awesome roadtrip to X-land with Barbie. Yeah, let's Brrrrrrrring It!!

But before you start packing your bags, Barbie has to make sure you're body is physically ready for the trip.

Guys (and gals, of course), if you've completed Slim in 6, Slim Series, or any other Beach Body Program, then you are most probably physically ready for the X. If you have been out of commission for a while, meaning that you have not been physically active at least 3 times a week for a few months, then, my advice would be for you to a wait a bit before embarking on the X journey.

I've heard of too many cases where people quit after the first week because they are physically and psychologically unprepared for the challenges of the X.

If you have any doubt at all, please shoot me an email at coachbarbara33@gmail.com so we can determine whether this program is right for you.

Also, while many folks drop weight with the X, if you are primarily out to lose weight, I would begin with Slim in 6 or Slim Series, whether you are male or female. The X will always be there, and you can be certain that Barbie's Third Journey to X-land will not be her last. I am addicted!

Okayyyyyyyyyyy. Now that that's out of the way....

If you are somewhat fit and psychologically AMPED to Start the X, this is what you'll need to pack:

  • A Can-Do Attitude. If you think you can't do it, then you probably can't. If you think you can succeed, you will! This roadtrip is long. No Whiners please!
  • Pull-up bar. Beach Body's pull-up bar is great (because you don't have to mess with screws), but not necessary. Model's, Sports Authority, and Target all carry standard pull-up bars.
NOTE: If your door-frame is too large for BeachBody's pull-up bar (Barbie's case), you may use bands instead. Just make sure you have a strong place to hook them. Shoot me an email if you'd like me to send you a picture of how I have hooked my bands.

  • Weights or Bands. I ONLY used resistance bands for Round 1 of P90X and achieved awesome results. I bought a set of BeachBody weights (3, 5, 8 lbs) for about 40 dollars.
I highly recommend BeachBody resistance bands. I bought some cheap resistance bands at Sports Authority. They lasted a whole three weeks. Don't skimp on the bands!

  • Recovery drink. One tub a month. I love BeachBody's Recovery Drink, but you can also purchase other brands at GNC and the Vitamin Shoppe. I have tried and like a brand called Accelarade.
  • Optional: a tub of whey protein.
  • Optional: a nice BRING IT OUTFIT! You deserve it!
I will be starting Sunday, May 24th, 2008, but don't feel you have to join me on that date. You can begin anytime!

There's strength in numbers, kids! Let's do this!

Bring it!

Barbie

Shop for products

Have Barbie Coach You. It's Free!



6 comments:

Mandy said...

Hey Barbie! First I want to say congrats on moving on to your 3rd round of the X!

Just a comment on the bands. When I ordered SI6 last October, I got a BeachBody band with it... it broke the first time I tried to use it (I think they screwed up the stitching on the handles). Anyway, I bought a band, I think, also from Sports Authority and although I didn't use it during SI6 much (I hated the bands, I couldn't move around like I could with the weights), I did use it during my brief stint in P90X and so far it's still holding up. :D The one you had may have just been a fluke, like the one I got from BB. :D

I can't wait to see where round 3 takes you! Bring it!

Coach Barbie, PhD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coach Barbie, PhD said...

Hey Mandy,

I do remember your band breaking! I have to say, I own about ten or so bands from BeachBody and I've been very happy with the quality. The one from Sports Authority FELT cheap. Of course, I didn't know that at the time.

In general, though, I LOVE working out with the bands. I will be doing that for ROUND 3 again.

Ooh, tired. Nite!

Barbie

Anonymous said...

I tried to post something but it disappeared so sorry if this posts twice.
I'm so glad you're doing another round of P90X. I really hope to work up to doing that program before the end of the year. I'll be reading every word of your progress to prepare me for it. I hope I can talk my husband into doing it with me when we get through Si6 and SS.
I do have a question about my progress. Since I didn't get my clean eating in until this week, w3, and I'm not going onto BiU until w4 should I do an extra week of Si6? And I was also thinking of doing the Express 6 diet in either w6 or that extra week, what do you think?
Chris
ps thanks mandy for your encouragement on barbie's slim spot

Coach Barbie, PhD said...

Chris,

You should not do an extra week, since SI6 is so intense. You will need your recovery week after the sixth week.

Yes, you can do the express diet during the last week and you can Start it Up in the morning and BIU in the evening FOR ONE WEEK ONLY.

Remember: this is not a six-week stint, it's a lifestyle change. So, you'll get to keep going the following week! You'll eventually get to where you want to be!

Hugs, Barbie

Coach Barbie, PhD said...

SPECIAL NOTE:

Guys: YES, YES, YES you can lose weight with the X. I coach a few men, in particular, who have dropped anywhere from 15 to 20 lbs during the first two phases of the X.

However, P90X is not SPECIFICALLY a weight-loss program. I personally PREFER SLim in 6 for weight loss.

If you're looking for the quickest route to a THINNER/SLIMMER you, I would go with Slim in 6.

P90X will get you there, too, but it might take you LONGER.

I just want to avoid frustrated and discouraged people!

Bring it!