My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Monday, June 30, 2008

Belly Woes, Friend or Foe

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

I’ve come to realize that when it comes to the way our bodies are progressing in our fitness journey, we each tend to think that we are like snowflakes, each one different or unique. What I have learned from the folks that I coach and from the message boards is that we all share similar concerns, especially when it comes to losing the fat on our bellies.

Pull up a chair.

Are you comfortable?

Good.

Now look down. What do you see?

Belly rolls, you say? Yea, well, me, too. Join the club!

Many people often express their frustration with the slow progress of their belly fat and wonder if they are doing something wrong even though they are bringing it on the mat and in the kitchen.

Trust me. You are not alone in feeling this way!

Belly fat is the last to go!

Should you go harder? Should you do more? Not necessarily!

Most BeachBody programs have at least three days of cardio work built in. If you are bringing it in the kitchen--and I mean, really bringing it in the kitchen--and on the mat, you just have to be patient.

Yes, your belly fat will eventually go away. Unfortunately, it's going to take some time.

You can speed up the process by adding 30 to 60 minutes of additional cardio (2-3 times a week) to your existing routine, but this is not recommended for everybody. If you are just starting out on an exercise routine, you risk burning yourself out and thus hindering your results. It really is best to be patient. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's true.

Trust the process, kids. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was your belly fat. It's going to take some time to get rid of it. Continue to press play and eat clean 6 times a week; you will eventually get the six-pack you've always dreamed of. That said, I can't wait for that day to finally be here!

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

2 comments:

Heather B. said...

I too can not wait for that day. It's my goal and I will keep plugging away at it until that 6 pack appears!

Belly fat begone I say.

skanner said...

eat clean only 6 days??

i say if you want to really get serious you'll eat clean 7 days.

;)