My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 25: Reflections of a P90Xer


Last night, I decided to take a tour through the Photo Gallery over in the P90X forums. I found myself, as I often do, viewing my coachee Josh's Photo Album. His progress photos do it for me every time: they amaze me and more importantly, they remind me that I have to Bring it in the kitchen and on the mat if I want to see great results.

While all of us on the fitness journey want to see results, it's easy to get caught up in the everyday shuffle of life, which means that it's easy to have that extra serving of carbs here and another drink there, thereby compromising our results.

With day 30 of P90X just five days away and the weekend (read: dinners, barbie-Q's, margaritas, burgers) just around the corner, I thought it would be a good idea to reflect on my last 25 days on the program in order to assess my progress and modify my actions if needed.

So
I put on my thinking cap--my beloved red bikini--and snapped some pictures. Because I am in this body all the time (obviously), it's difficult for me to measure my progress just by the way I feel. I've also noticed that the way I think I look changes according to my mood. (Jekyl and Hyde, remember?) This is why it is so important to take pictures and body measurements.

I was delighted to see a "hip cut" as Josh calls it and that, um, I got my booty back. Hip, Hip, Hurray--progress has been made. Nonetheless, I still saw room for improvement and found myself wishing for even better results. We humans, why are we so incredibly annoying?

Part of me wants to throw in extra cardio sessions on resistance days during Phase II, but the wise part of me knows that I just have to trust the process and be patient. If I bring it in the kitchen even more (by not eating like a savage on my cheat days) and if I continue to bring it on the mat like I have been, I might, just maybe, have a six-pack before December.

I can handle that.

Day 25 down. 65 more to go.

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD



No comments: