My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 26: Working It to the Core

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

P90X has a built-in recovery period every fourth week and I am in it. But a P90X recovery week is very different from what we may think of when we think "recovery". It is far from a rest & do nothing week. During this period, we get a break from resistance training and are instead invited to work that part of our bodies which (for most of us) needs most work: our core.

The idea of doing Yoga-X and Core Synergistics twice this week is less than appealing, but I will do these workouts because I want to blast any remaining back fat and I want to build strong, beautiful abdominals.

Instead of doing the scheduled Stretch-X yesterday, I decided to feed my Turbo Jam addiction by doing Cardio Mix 2. So, yes, yes, I, um, kinda really pushed it yesterday by bringing it hard! In my defense, however, I did do Debbie Sieber's Slim & Limber, a fifteen minute stretching routine that is part of Slim in 6. Yum, it felt good to stretch. I'm so glad I didn't just skip it.

Surprise, Surprise...this morning I woke up tired and less than energetic to bring it again with Core Synergistics. Yet, I thought of the workout's fat blasting powers and pushed play without even thinking about it twice.

I meant to go gently, but boys and girls, I simply Brought It! Time just flew. Before I knew it, I only had 23 more minutes to go, and at that point, I was in the home stretch.

Tomorrow, I have Yoga-X. I confess that I am tempted to skip it and um, feed my turbo jam addiction again, just this once. But, when dealing with any addiction, I think it's best to take it one day at a time...

Let's see what tomorrow will bring.

Day 26 down. 64 more to go!

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

1 comment:

Coach Ange, MSW said...

I know all about your TJ addiction