My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 31: Woop! Woop!


What do you get when you mix the following:

19 minutes of Abs/Core Plus
+

30 minutes of Slim in 6's Burn it Up (cardio)
+

A three-hour break, during which time I had my snack (cottage cheese and a banana)

+
P90X's Chest and Biceps

Can you guess?

You get an hour and 50 minutes worth of workouts and one girl who just got her butt WHOOOOPED!!! Holy moly, that was tough!

Last night I decided that I would add 30 minutes of extra cardio on resistance days to help my belly fat and legs along, but I had forgotten what a monster Debbie is. I really thought that if I broke up my cardio and resistance work, it would seem like a piece of cake. I was dead wrong!

I hate to admit it, but I found it difficult to get through Back and Biceps. It might be that my body is just tired today from yesterday's Plyo-X workout, but I just might have to reconsider my plan to do what I did today 3 times a week.

There's nothing wrong with adding extra cardio on resistance days when you're already in shape, but I have to be careful to not burn out or overtrain. I've been there before and have no desire to be there again.

So, today, I humbly sign off and promise to listen to my body. If I am feeling tired on Thursday, my next resistance day, I will lay off the extra cardio and simply complete the next scheduled workout: Legs & Back, followed by Abripper-X.

It's no fun to be reasonable sometimes! But, I know if I'm not, I'm going to pay for it later.

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD



No comments: