My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Monday, July 7, 2008

The First Step


"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Mondays are usually the day when many people decide to jump back on the wagon, and for many, this means day 1 of a BeachBody program. This time is usually ripe with hope, excitement, and quite a bit of fear.

Will the program work for me?

Will I fail, once again, like I have in the past?

Will I be able to stick with it?

Woah, writing these questions just now brings me back in touch with the feelings I had as a Slim in 6 newbie. Emotionally, it was a pretty intense time. I remember asking myself during the first few weeks, as I would be doing the moves, "Is this really going to work for me?"

Failing was no longer an option for me. That I knew. But, did I know where I was going? Could I have predicted the kind of results that I would achieve?

No. But I took the first step in faith. Taking the first step in faith meant eating 5-6 small meals a day, as prescribed by the Slim in 6 booklet, and pressing play 6 times a week. I had no clue what the future held for me. I had no clue that what lay ahead was something even greater than I had hoped for: a total body and mind transformation.

As you begin on this journey, you are indeed much like a blind man or woman stepping into unknown territory. But on that journey you will be met by other people who are on a similar journey, virtual strangers--your coach and the people on the message boards--who will help you get to where you want to go. What you need to do after you have taken the first step will reveal itself. Believe that.

The pictures you see here and on the message boards are real. Real people, real results. You can and will get to where you want to go, if you stick with it, and trust the process.

Enjoy the journey. You really are in for the ride of your life.

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

No comments: