My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Step Up Your Game, Barbie


It's time to step up your game, Barbie. The men on your P90X thread are doing it, why don't you?

Alright, let's bring it, then. (Thanks for the push, Raidah and Troy!) Ever since I hit day 30 of P90X, I've been a little too whiny for my own taste about my results thus far. I'm experienced enough to know that if I do my part by bringing it on the mat and in the kitchen, P90X will deliver. Without a doubt, I trust in the program's ability to get me to where I want to be.

After yesterday's blog entry on accepting 100% responsibility for our lives, I know that if I'm looking for a different outcome (i.e., better results), I'm going to have to quit my whining, re-examine my eating, and follow through with action.

I never skip meals, but I'd say that for the past 2-3 weeks, I've been slipping a little. I've been allowing myself an extra handful of almonds, an occasional protein less, and maybe just a little extra serving of cereal in the morning. Not a big deal? Maybe. But, I know that small changes can make all the difference, especially when you're already fit and after a six-pack. And to be frank, I'm sick of hearing that whiny little voice in my head that wonders why I'm not seeing better results. I'm going to put that voice to rest by making 100% sure I'm bringing it right.

Out comes the P90X Nutrition Plan.

For the next 2 weeks or until I have my eating down perfectly, I will be using the tools on www.fitday.com to track my daily intake.

Here is how my daily intake will look:

Phase II, Energy Booster, 1800-2000 calories:

4 PROTEINS
2 DAIRY
1 FRUIT
2 VEGGIES
1 FAT
2 CARBS
1 SNACK
1 REPLACEMENT BAR
1 RECOVERY DRINK
1 CONDIMENT

My eating schedule will be as follows:

Post A.M. Workout:
2 scoops of recovery, 1 scoop whey

Breakfast:
Protein (eggs or scoop whey)
carb (1 cup cereal)
dairy (1 cup soy milk)

Snack:
fruit (banana, medium)
single snack (cottage cheese)

Lunch:
protein (roast beef or turkey)
dairy (1 ounce of cheese)
carb (2 slices of whole wheat bread)
lettuce/tomato/mustard

Snack:
replacement bar

Dinner:
veggies (2-3 servings)
protein (fish, tofu, chicken, or beef)

**the fat I will get from olive oil that I plan to use to cook. I just realized I've been eating too much fat in my diet!

TOTALS:
4 protein
2 veggies
1 snack
1 bar
1 recovery
2 carbs (each serving 200 cals)
1 fruit
1 condiment

Okay, I'm going shopping now! I'm almost ready to BRING IT!

Barbie, PhD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woah, Barbie! I'm so inspired to bring it now!