My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Saturday, July 19, 2008

X-Girls Rock the X!














Sometimes pictures do speak louder than words.

Three of my very good friends reached their 60th day of their first round of the X. Each of these women felt that they had plateaued after day 30. They each emailed me to express their frustration with their lack of progress.

My response in each case? To keep doing what they were doing (they were all eating clean and pressing play), and most importantly, to trust the process.

When I first became a coach, for months, I would join in on the panic. I would worry with them and anxiously try to figure out what they might be doing "wrong." But, it didn't take me long to learn that if they were eating clean and pressing play six times a week, they had nothing to worry about. You really do just have to trust the process, as uncomfortable as that may feel sometimes. For each of the folks who panicked and who nonetheless stayed the course, results ALWAYS followed.

Trusting the process doesn't necessarily mean you stop worrying that things are not working or that you stop feeling dissatisfied with your progress. Boy, I really did wish it did mean that. Wouldn't that be nice!

Trusting the process simply means staying the course in spite of the feelings of dissatisfaction we may be experiencing. Such behavior ALWAYS pays off with good to excellent results.

So, the next time you panic, take a second to examine and if necessary tighten up your eating, and then, just try to your best to relax: the results you've been waiting for are closer than you think.

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

No comments: