My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Barbie's New Rotation: The Next 30 Days


It's official: I am in love with my results. I just felt like saying that. But, seriously, I am very happy with what Debbie's Slim in 6 program did for my body. I lost zero pounds, but was able to really lean out to my liking.

I took this past week to truly allow my body to rest. Admittedly, it felt good to let my muscles recover (I confess, other than a 3-mile run today, I have done nothing), while keeping my diet very clean. In the past week, I have dropped back down to 137 lbs.

Below, I am posting my self-made rotation for the next 30 days. It is based on my desire to do some outdoor activities (hence the bike-ride), to focus more on building my legs (hence the gym day), and the recommendation that my muscles would look fuller and better if I allowed myself a little more recovery time between my workouts. The schedule I have created is open to change. I plan to reassess it at the end of week one.

My goal? To get leaner and stronger, while maintaining the same size.

Here goes:

START DATE: Monday, September 1, 2008

DAY 1/MONDAY: LEGS AT THE GYM
Squats 3set X 15 reps/squat walk
Leg Extensions 3set x 23 reps (fast reps)/step ups
Single leg hyper or Deadlifts x 12-15 reps (warm up w/ double leg first).

20 minutes of cardio

DAY 2/TUESDAY: OFF/STRETCH

DAY 3/WEDNESDAY: TOTAL BODY WORKOUT WITH SHAPE IT UP!
“Get in great shape as you sweat through this ‘weighted’ strength-building circuit for the entire body. Using medium weights, Shape it Up! Targets opposing muscle groups while maintaining a high-intensity cardio workout. You’ll sweat through a pulse-pounding series of quadriceps/hamstring, back/chest, biceps/triceps, and outer-thigh and inner thigh exercises. This highly effective Power Shaping technique is an ideal way to work the entire body while you burn fat.

DAY 4/THURSDAY: OFF/STRETCH

DAY 5/FRIDAY: FOCUS ON UPPER BODY & CARDIO WITH TEAR IT UP*

“Start with Debbie’s Intense upper-body blast and then switch it up with an all-out assault on the lower body. Ever move uses Power Shaping to burn fat and tone muscle.”

DAY 6/SATURDAY: CARDIO/OUTDOOR BIKE-RIDE

SUNDAY: OFF/STRETCH

* If TEAR IT UP leaves my legs too tired for the bike ride on Saturday, I will switch to UPPER BODY P90X PLUS

No comments: