My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Barbie's Notes on Jack Canfield's Tele-Session

Hey, Boys and Girls!

I listened in on Jack Canfield's Tele-Clinic. It just reinforced the ideas exposed in his book, The Success Principles. I took notes as I listened. I hope you will find them useful!

How to get out of overwhelm mode:

Step back.

Look at your priorities. LIST THEM.

ex. health, inspiring others (Jack's life purpose), financial.

If you keep your priorities clear, then you have clearer direction.

TIP: Look at your list of goals every day. What is it that is most going to forward my goals?

FOUR QUADRANTS of THINGS TO DO:

1st. IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO. URGENT.

2nd. IMPORTANT AND NOT URGENT.
Most of our goals fall into this category.

3rd. URGENT AND NOT IMPORTANT.
This is where we spend most of our time.
Ex. Returning calls or cleaning out the garage.

Often, not really needed, but they FEEL VERY URGENT.

***#2 is really the one that leads to success.

4th. Not urgent. Not important.
Things you just want to do.

********

You have to go into QUIET MODE every day. Take time to meditate. IDEAS WILL COME.

Go to that quiet mode daily. You'll find that you are much more able to make decisions about your priorities.

***

Systems are important. If you're repeating the same task, writing the same letters, create a system. TIME SAVING.

Create a FAQ, example. (good idea, Barbie!)

In the long run, you save yourself TIME, ENERGY, and MONEY.

********

How do you choose a mentor or teacher?

--Sometimes you just have to see what works for you and what doesn't.

STUDY WITH WHOMEVER YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO.

Oh, like me! I am attracted to Jack Canfield and Zig, but am open to learning from all sorts of teachers.

The key is to learn from the experience.

This, I think, can be applied to the forums that we participate in, the coach we choose, the people with whom we associate, etc.

If you study with someone and it's not for you, then get off the path with that person.

(Barbie's thoughts as I listen to this: Duh! I in no way feel tied to any one philosophy or teacher. DUH! Why would I limit myself?!)

Follow your heart.

***************************

You're going to learn more from experiences than books.

Absolutely, thinks Barbie. But sometimes we need the books to help us think things through.

_____

How do you change your vibrational levels?

WHAT THE HECK ARE VIBRATIONAL LEVELS??

Well..

He says you can do it through meditation.

Exercise:

Put your awareness on your heart....

Breathe in appreciation, breathe in and focus on the things that you appreciate in your life.

Do this for 7 minutes. You will feel an enormous sense of gratitude.

----Make a list of the 10 things that you were grateful for that day.

----Visualization and Affirmations.

Rehearse this new state of being.

----The art of Allowing.

Any time to you are judging the way others live their lives, you are bringing your vibrations down. You are JUDGING and RESENTING.

Hallelujah, says barbie. FOCUS ON YOU and WHAT YOU NEED TO DO, not on what others are not doing right.

*******

GOALS

Make a list of 15 goals per day.

ex. do deep breathing for ten minutes every day.

ex. eat chicken salad, stay away from snickers.

***every day, you can look at your list and CHOOSE the activities you want to do.

There are some things we HAVE TO DO, of course.

**************

Why do we have to write down affirmations?

It's actually not the writing it down that it's important. It's the FEELING.

FEEL THE GRATITUDE, feel the words that you are saying.

Exercise. Imagine someone you have unexpressed appreciation for. Hold their hand in your mind. You can do this in person, too.

I"ll take my mom as an example.

Tell this person what you appreciate about that person.

Mom, I appreciate that you never gave me a complex about my body.

Mom, I appreciate that you always thought I was capable.

Mom, I appreciate that you never had any doubts about my abilities.

Wow, guys, doing this DOES MAKE ME FEEL EXTREMELY GRATEFUL!!! TRY IT!!

Do this every night for 14 days. You will fall in love with yourself, says Canfield.

Great, just what I need!! Eek Jeez, I'm trying to GIVE MORE TO OTHERS and not be MORE in love with myself. Big Grin

********

How can you tell the difference between FEAR and TRUSTING YOUR INTUITION?

Great question!

When you are getting a feeling from your intuition, you'll get this feeling, A CERTAIN LIGHTNESS.

When you have fear, you will get a feeling of CONTRACTION.

When you feel a feeling of GO FOR IT, you're going to get a feeling of EXPANSION, of love.

Wow. This is a great baramoter, I say. I have been going with this feeling for a little while now. I am doing what FEELS right to me and refuse to do things that don't 'sit well' with me.

***

End of telephone seminar.

It was great! GET THE BOOK!!!! Principles of Success by Jack Canfield! I LOVE IT!

No comments: