My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Real People, Real Results. Another P90 & P90X Success Story

Before BeachBody:


After P90 and P90X:


Dear Boys and Girls,

The people I coach are rocking the house with their results! I didn't want to make my coachee blush, but I just had to tell him: "Gene, you look H O T !" Way to go! I'm so very proud of you!

Thank you for sharing your story, Gene, and for showing the other kids how awesome one can look and feel at 50!

Keep bringing it!

Barbie, PhD

***

Gene's Story:

It was April of 2008 and I was, as usual, on the road. I work as a consultant for the Auto Industry and my life is subjected to seminar food and the seminar lifestyle. As the years of my adult life have passed, I gradually went from a lean 170 lbs at 20 years old to the 202 lbs I was staring at in the mirror. Even on a 6ft 1 in frame that much weight can make a person look and feel out of sorts, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t suck my gut in hard enough to make that bowling ball I carried above my hips disappear.

I was also nearing a critical event in May of 2008. It was time for my annual physical only this one was a bit more meaningful. You see the last time I had a physical my triglycerides were high, my blood pressure was a bit on the high side and my body fat percentage was also too high. I wanted that to change more than I cared about how I looked, but that did matter too.

After watching Tony Horton and the P 90 X commercials I decided to take action. First, I talked my son into getting the DVD’s and trying the program because he was into weight training. I, in turn, purchased Power 90 and completed that course.

I didn’t lose any weight for the first 30 days, but I did feel much better. Then the pounds started to fall away. Within the next 30 days I dropped 10 lbs. By the end of Power 90 I had lost 15 lbs and 2 inches off my waist. Next came P 90 X. I lost another 5 lbs and then decided I had to start eating a lot more because I couldn’t handle losing much more weight. The thing I noticed most was the energy and strength I had gained, even though I didn’t bulk up like others do.

I completed P90 X the last week in August 2008 and I feel great. Lots of comments from friends and family, and my wife of 27 years says I’ve never looked better!

By the way, my physical went great! All my levels were normal or better than normal and the doctor said, “whatever you’re doing is working!” Oh and one other thing… I turned 50 in May!!!

Thanks Tony and thanks to Coach Barbie for all the encouragement along the way!

No comments: