My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Finding My Groove...



When I find my groove, I feel a sense of expansion and joy. This song, "I'm yours," captures my present state of joy and playfulness. Do I owe it all to Shaun T's latest Rockin' Body? No, certainly not, but he did play his part in getting Barbie out of her workout funk. And for that I'm thankful. Thanks, Shaun! And thanks, Joey, for introducing me to this most beautiful song!

Almost every single one of my workouts over the last three weeks have felt like a drag (with the exception of the one with Tony and my ride in the park). But it is during times like these, when we don't feel like bringing it, that we need to tighten our reigns and remind ourselves why we are bringing it in the first place.

"The only way out is through." That is a phrase I repeat to myself over and over during difficult times. If I quit when the going gets tough, and I'm not just referring to my exercise routine, I will always have to stop to pick up the mess instead of moving forward.

If you work through the boredom (and by all means switch it up sometimes!) or lack of motivation, you will eventually move through it and find yourself in a better place.

No one said the journey was always going to be pleasant and easy. But without a doubt, I have never been in a better place, both emotionally and physically, than I am today, thanks to the hardship, BeachBody, and my willingness to push on thru.

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

No comments: