My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Friday, November 7, 2008

Spreading Your Wings Ain't Easy


Is it me, or did someone put my 86,400 seconds of the day on a diet? My 24-hour days seem to have been cut by half. Lately, I feel as if I hardly have any time to do the things I need and want to do. Who stole my time, I ask!

No, no, I know that no one is messing with mother time. It's me. My priorities are shifting and I am realizing that if I want to accomplish what I want to accomplish, then some things have got to give. With over forty papers to grade before Tuesday and an active social life coming up this weekend, I knew that last night I had to choose between grading or blogging & posting on the community message boards. I chose to spend two hours grading, but couldn't help feel that I wasn't being responsible toward my BeachBody peeps. My blog readers expect me to blog! They want me to blog! I want to blog! Those were the thoughts despite my doing what I knew I needed to be doing.

Boy, oh, Boy! Why can't life be simpler? Why can't we have unlimited time and energy to get it all done? Am I really wishing for that? Yea, I am. But, am I really thinking that it's possible to get it all done? Um, sorta, um, no. Um, well, I guess I am finally realizing that it's all about striking a balance.

The past few weeks have been challenging for me. After feeling that I didn't perform as well as I would have liked at a conference because I simply didn't put enough time in to produce the quality of work that I would have felt satisfied with, I am forcing myself to reexamine my priorities.

I am committed to my teaching, my research, and my coaching. That sounds simple enough. But the challenge lies in distributing my time in such a way that will allow me to be successful in all three areas, not just two.

So, here I am, once again, trying to figure out what is the best way for me to strike that perfect balance.

I am a work in progress, moving in the right direction. Sometimes I fall flat on my face, sometimes I really soar.

Right now, I feel as if I am still dusting myself off, looking into the horizon, getting ready for flight. Sometimes the journey is awesome; sometimes it's really painful. But, this, yes this, is growth.

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

No comments: