My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Thursday, December 11, 2008

BeachBody Success Story: Sometimes It's About Saving Your Own Life


Team Beachbody saved my life!

When I started my journey I had severe blood pressure problems and was told by my doctor that if I didn't lose about 50 pounds I ran the risk of having an aneurysm. I had severe migraine headaches that would disable me for days on end. Needless to say a friend told me about Slim In 6 and then I happened to see an infomercial. I ordered immediately. I figured "Hey if she is doing this why not? I have to do something so I might as well start here." I was uncomfortable going to a gym as I didn't want people staring at the "fat girl" so to speak. I started the program as soon as it came in the mail, which didn't take long. It took some getting used to when you are used to not doing nothing but sitting on your butt on the couch. The eating was the hard part and still is to be honest. I remember having McDonald's withdrawals. I was strict with myself though and before I knew it I couldn't stand the smell of it just driving by. I was so impressed with the mind and body changes that I was experiencing and the improved quality of life in such a short time that I soon signed up as a coach. I knew how this was changing my life and I wanted to help others change there's.

When I started this journey on August 11th I was 210lbs, very sedentary when it came to my activity level, and taking 3 blood pressure pills a day that were doing nothing for the problem. I signed up as a coach on September 11th and completed SI6 on September 22nd. I lost a total of 18 pounds and 12 inches in just 6 weeks! I then started Turbo Jam and have lost another 15 pounds. But the best part is….after doing this for three months my doctor has taking me off all medication. I went from severely high blood pressure and not knowing if I would see my three year old son grow up to normal if not below. My doctor was in shock, as I am still!

I recollect on what I was then and its so hard to imagine. To know that in three months time everything has changed is a miracle to me. I went from not being able to wrestle on the floor with my little man to him telling Momma to leave him alone! I have so much energy and a passion to live life now that I want to share that with others and improve their quality of life also.

I am so excited that I cant put words to what I am feeling. It was a hard road and I still have problems with eating clean every day. I will be the first one to say that it's not easy. With Team Beachbody you literally change your body, change your health, and change your life. If you still stick with it your dreams will come true. And because of my own determination to see my little man grow up I can finally say I am in ONEDERLAND! The feeling is indescribable! I cant wait to see where this journey continue to takes me….and you!

Best Wishes,

Courtney M.

To check out Courtney's website, click on www.myjourneytosuccess.com

No comments: