My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Monday, December 15, 2008

On the Road Barbie


Hey Boys and Girls,

I've been traveling in Europe for the past week where I have been taking a break from almost all my normal day-t0-day activities. Internet service has been spotty for me as well. Plus, by the time I usually reach the hotel room, I have had little energy to blog. Oh, the life of a traveling Barbie.

While it's wonderful to travel and explore, I miss my routine and most of all, my structured eating. All things considered, this vacation has not reeked havoc on my fitness. In the past, I would have seen a trip such as this one as an excuse to go all out. Not this time. I know I can never completely rest on my laurels because my results are not permanent. But, really, more than that, I think I can finally say that I have adopted a very different approach to eating.

In the past, I would have eaten all the goodies that the given country has to offer without showing any restraint. I simply have no desire to stuff myself that way anymore. Oh, change is a process. I am glad to be at this point, finally.

Yikes, the Starbucks where I'm typing will be closing in five minutes. Oh, there's just so much to say.

Well, I have indulged, in wine, in beer, in duck, in potatoes, and one or two desserts. Eating this way would not cut it in my daily life back home in the States. But, for this week, I can live with that.

It's closing time!

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

No comments: