My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Community Forums: You are Not Alone on Your Fitness Journey


One of the reasons so many people who use BeachBody's home fitness videos are successful is because of the online support the company provides its customers. Let's face it, the principles behind achieving fitness or weight-loss are easy enough: workout four to six times a week and eat healthfully. But, we all know it's easier said than done. I believe that one of the major reasons so many people fail time and again is because they lack the proper support. Can we all say, "Hip, hip, hurray! BeachBody to the rescue!"? You are not alone on your fitness journey. Really!

In addition to providing you with your very own coach, whom you can contact for individual support and questions, BeachBody has its own Community Forums or message boards.

Here, you'll find people just like you who are beginning their journey, as well as BeachBody "veterans" like myself who have had success using different programs. The community programs are organized primarily according to programs (P90X, Slim in 6, ChaLEAN Extreme, etc). You'll also find other sections with labels such as Fitness and Nutrition, where you can post questions that will be answered by BeachBody experts.

(You'll also find fun sections such as Recipes, Pre and Post Natal, and a cool one called Special Interest and Motivation. There you can find workout buddies from your area or who share your hobbies. They have everything from horses to Harleys to Beachbody Hotties! If you don't see a topic of interest there, start your own! - Doc)

When I first started doing the program Slim in 6, I "lurked" in different "threads" before I mustered up the courage to post my own comments. I would peek in daily for inspiration. When I needed a little push to press play or when I would get impatient & wonder if I'd ever get "there," I would visit the Slim in 6 Photo Gallery to view people's progress pictures. Wow! Here were real people achieving real results. If they could do it, I told myself, so could I! A visit to the Photo Gallery never failed to motivate me. So, if you're not ready to post, feel free to lurk!

As soon as I began posting, however, I quickly integrated myself into the community. After two months of lurking, I found a thread that became home and soon after, when I became a coach, I decided to start my own thread.

("Don't be this guy" warning! The Team Beachbody message boards can be fun and even addicting! Don't forget to leave the computer from time to time to exercise! -Doc)

The message boards are a great way to hold yourself accountable and feel connected, whether you decide to start your own thread or join an existing group.

Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your online experience:

  • The message boards can be overwhelming or intimidating at first. Feel free to lurk as long as you need to. You don't ever have to post if you don't want to.

  • If you're new to the message boards, I would recommend finding a thread where you think you'll feel "at home." Most folks welcome newcomers. If, by chance, you find a thread that doesn't feel welcoming, not to worry, there are hundreds of very friendly threads out there!

  • Be honest. If you're struggling with your eating, for example, share your experiences with others. The threads are there to help you hold yourself accountable. You'll be surprised at how incredibly supportive people are.

  • Share your success and motivate others in the process!

  • You may want to manage the amount of time you spend on the threads! It's easy to spend hours on the message boards without even realizing it.

Not only have the threads allowed me to make myself accountable, I've also made many wonderful virtual friends.

So, go ahead, take a peek, lurk, and post if you're up to it! There's a whole world of support waiting for you out there!

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

***

From my coach, TheFitDoc:


Your Homework (this week it's easy!)


1. Visit the Message Boards.

Simply log in to TeamBeachbody.com. Click the tab, then click

If you have never posted on the message boards before, you will need to join the online community. It's free and it only takes a few seconds to sign up.


2. Post your Why.

From last weeks lesson- I want to know why YOU made the decision to get fit. Find the section titled "Beachbody Support Team." Scroll down until you see the little green FitDoc logo.


Then tell the world why YOU exercise!


3. Have fun.

Visit the photo galleries for inspiration. Read about people doing the same program as you (or one you want to try next!) When you are ready, join in the discussion! You'll find most everyone friendly and happy to have you join them. You are supporting them as much as they will support you!


To your success,

-Doc

Kevin Kane, MD

The Fit Doc

(If you have a favorite message board thread, let your coach know about it. Coaches LOVE to hear from you!)

No comments: