My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Monday, February 23, 2009

So I Hear You Wanna Get With The Program?


I was wondering whether anyone would notice the black-and-blue on my leg that I got from being clumsy. Apparently not! Everyone wants to know instead what the heck Barbie's been doing to lean out like this.

Get ready for some tough love, folks. Here it comes, let me back up.

I think I said it in my very last post: the results that I have gotten weren't gotten in seven weeks. They are the culmination of a year and a half's worth of hard work. That's number one. If you want great results and you have a long way to go, well, guess what? You better get started NOW! Pick a BeachBody program, any program! It's really bound to work! I have done Slim in 6, Slim Series, P90X, P90X Plus, Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, and now Chalean. BeachBody programs work!

Number two, and I've also been saying this all along, you gotta bring it in the kitchen and if you want REAL results, you really do have to track your food intake. Period. Really! I can't tell you how many emails I have gotten over the past two days alone from frustrated folks who are wondering where they are going wrong. Not one of my peeps who has been struggling has been tracking their food.

Boys and girls, I have not always been good about tracking my meals. But, I was beginning to feel more than a little frustrated that six days a week of pressing play and clean eating were not getting me the tight abs that I have been wishing for FOREVER!

So, firstly, I tried something different: carb manipulation. I invite you to click on the label "clean eating" on my blog for more information. The principles are easy. Truly, it is not rocket science. What's been hard for me has been to keep my fat intake low on cardio days. But, I think I may have solved the problem by not buying anymore almond/peanut butter.

Secondly, I use www.fitday.com to track everything that goes into my system BEFORE I actually eat it. Wait, you say, isn't tracking your meals beforehand a pain? Why, yes, yes it is! I have more fun things to do with my time, but I want the results and am willing to do what it takes.

I've even made my food journal public. You can check it daily:

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=CoachBarbie

You'll see that when it comes to food, I have no creativity. I pretty much eat the same thing day in and day out, not because I have to, but because that's what I like to do. So, please don't think you have to kill yourself with monotony. It's just my preferred way of being!

If you press play six times a week (or five) and eat clean WHILE TRACKING YOUR FOOD, you will see results. And remember, you don't have to feeeeel like pressing play or eating clean to do these things. You just get it done!

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

1 comment:

Rachel H said...

omg Barbie, you look awesome!