My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Friday, May 1, 2009

Meet Alison, Another BeachBody Success Story


Dear Boys and Girls,

It is my intention to overwhelm you with success stories!

I had the pleasure of meeting Ali while in San Francisco last December. She was surprised that I drank wine and insisted on dessert! Perfection not necessary to achieve amazing results! We're both proof!

Read on!

Barbie, PhD

****

My Personal Bio:

Hi, I'm Alison!

I'm a mother of 2 young kids living in Half Moon Bay, California. I'm originally from Scotland but have been living here for about 14 years. I work as a Software Release Engineer during the week but my favorite thing is to be outdoors enjoying life! I love to ski (telemark ski), rock-climb, mountain bike, scuba dive, but also just walk on the beach with the kids. Take them out for walks and generally live an active life!

My Transformation Story:

After having my 2 kids (aged 2 and 4) I just didn't have time to workout at all and couldn't find the time or enthusiasm to eat healthily. My husband works swing shift (2pm-10.30pm) so the only way I could get out during the week and exercise would be to get a babysitter which was a pain. I did get one each week in the summer to go mountain biking, but felt so out of shape that I really hated it when I couldn't keep up with my friends any more. I was on the verge of just giving up to the fact that I was old and my fit days were over! Same went for skiing and other activities! I was really quite depressed as for me being active was always something I loved! Then I saw an advertisement for Slim in Six: a 6 week exercise and nutrition program which i could do at home WITHOUT having to get a babysitter! I decided to order it and follow it to the word. I was excited to find the Team Beachbody website with menu plans and the forums. I joined one of the forums (The Slim Spot) where other people were also doing Slim in Six and it was amazing! It was a hard six weeks, but since others were doing the same thing we all kept each other going! I eventually lost 11lb but also went from a size 10 to a size 4! The inches just fell off! Everyone was throwing away clothes and buying new smaller ones. It was quite a thrill!

I went on to do slim series followed by P90x, which is a 3-month weight training program which I love. I did 2 rounds of p90x, and am almost done with a round of Chalean Extreme. I am now a size 1 or 2, but am STRONG! I can do at least 45 pushups and am probably in my best shape ever! I can now enjoy mountain-biking again. I can ski all day without even getting tired. I can lift heavy furniture and open jars of food (ha ha!). I really used to be such a wimp. And best of all I just feel great! I am much more confident and now probably have the best body I've ever had, which is pretty amazing at 43 yo! I've totally changed the way I eat. I don't diet and starve myself but make healthy choices. I actually eat really healthily during the week, then splurge a bit at the weekend, but seem to now stay roughly the same weight. All the nutritional information I have learned here has also changed the way I feed my kids, which is another great plus!

I am so thankful I found Beachbody and all these great products :)

To have Ali coach you or to view her profile, click here.

No comments: