My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Potato Barbie: Eating on Vacation


Dear Boys and Girls,

Last Friday I headed out to Catalina Island, where, um, I had one too many margaritas, quesadillas, fried calamari, ribs, and oh, I can't forget the pancakes with walnuts. "Oh, Barbie, you work out so hard, you deserve to treat yourself once in a while." Indeed, but dang, did I have to go for broke?!

Why do most of us do this to ourselves on vacation? Why, oh, why do all rules of common sense fly out the window? Stuffing yourself silly is never a good idea. The thing is, while I had a wonderful time (it's the cutest little island ever!), I felt bloated and yucky for a good part of it. Instead of enjoying my beachbody on the beach, I hate to admit it, but I was feeling self conscious. I felt like a potato on two sticks! I'm sure I didn't look that way, well, not fully, but it was definitely how I felt.

When I first started my journey with BeachBody, I would eat 100% clean 6 days out of the week and then eat anything and everything I could think of on the 7th day. My actions were saying that I was somehow depriving myself during the week, which I wasn't. I was eating clean and enjoying it, but somewhere in my mind, the old patterns were holding tight: it's feast or famine, Barbie.

I think the same thinking was at play this past weekend.

Oh, to be human. What a pain it can be sometimes! I've been giving this overindulging a whole lot of thought lately. I feel great when I eat clean. I feel fit, lean, and strong. It doesn't feel good to go overboard all day long.

I'll be going away again for the weekend of July 4th. Can I promise that I won't do the same thing this time around. I sure hope so! We'll see...

I am a work in progress, moving in the right direction.

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

No comments: