My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 14 of the Challenge: COMMITTED and GOING STRONG


Dear Boys and Girls,

I've been MIA the past few days, not because I've been busy hiding, but because my mom is in town. Right before she came I made a decision: as tough as it might be, I was going to stick to the challenge.

The key? I wasn't going to make a big deal about it. I simply cooked from the top two tiers of Michi's Ladder and tried to make my meals as delicious as possible. It worked!

I had started feeling deprived after 10 days and new that if I wanted to keep seeing results and stick with the challenge, I was going to have to change up my menu a bit. I've noticed something with folks:

They can eat like monks for a certain period and not seem to mind. But, inevitably, they hit a wall, go crazy, stuff themselves like potatoes, gain the weight, and feel as if they've failed. We can't eat tasteless food for very long without caving in to cravings. It might work for a while, but it can't last. Food has to taste good, at least part of the time!

In general, I don't mind eating plainly. I really don't mind eating the same foods over and over again. But, sometimes I do mind and when I do, I usually know it because I start to crave and sometimes I know it because I'll give in to fatty temptations.

So, this time, I spiced up my life by getting beans (black beans and pinto beans, plain, no salt), brown rice, pork tenderloin, almond cheese, and other foods I don't always eat. Eating has been fun and guess what? My mom didn't even notice that she was eating super duper clean!

Well, the scale hasn't moved in days. I'm at a comfortable 131. Yes, I know, a pound is nothing. But, I've got my mind set on getting there. So, week 3 of the challenge, watch out. Here I come!

Your friend in fitness,
Barbie, PhD

No comments: