My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Barbie's Updated Meal Plan: Are You Ready to Eat Super Duper Clean



Dear Boys and Girls,

I've been getting LOTS of emails asking me to list what I eat. Here is a little (kinda long actually) video of my eats.

Note: What I don't eat:
Dairy
Alcohol
Sauces
Actually, there are other things I don't eat...see below.

Basically, if it's not on my menu listed here, I don't eat it. So, while almond milk is good for you and so is whole grain cereal, I just don't eat it. It works for me and it doesn't mean you have to or should do that. If you eat from the top two tiers of Michi's Ladder, you're good to go. If you want to achieve elite fitness, then, yea, MAYBE you have to give up certain things. Again, this is what works for ME. I do not feel deprived. I'm a pretty boring person who doesn't mind repetition. :)

I do allow myself one cheat meal per week. That means that I do eat dairy, but ONLY during that cheat meal. I gave up alcohol altogether.


Barbie's Meal Plan: (about 1700 to 1900 calories, more or less. I haven't counted lately)

Cardio, one hour in the morning,
If it's very early, I will have a meal replacement shake

or

Breakfast:
1/2 cup oats
6 egg whites

Snack:
2 hours later
2 brown rice cakes
1 tsp almond butter on each (no salt on rice cakes and raw almond butter)
scoop of BB whey protein with water. Yum!

Lunch:
veggies
protein: 6 ounces of chicken, fish, eggs. Here is where you need to vary it up. Try different veggies, different fish, spices, etc.

Snack:
2 tablespoons of hummus
cup or two of veggies
scoop of protein and water

dinner:
1 or 2 cup of veggies and protein (Again, vary it up!) about 6 ounces

dinner2: (about two hours later)
1-2 cups of veggies and protein (about 6 ounces)

Before bed:
1 scoop of whey protein with Casein in it. Available at GNC.
1 scoop of creatine.

AFTER RESISTANCE WORKOUT, usually in the afternoon, I have my shakeology or meal replacement.

I hope this helps!

Bring it! Barbie, PhD

p.s. Please friend me on facebook to join the challenge! Also, I will post the rules of the challenge we are starting tomorrow. They are up on facebook already. See NOTES.

1 comment:

screwdestiny said...

*pouts* I don't have Facebook so I can't watch the video. I know you're probably wondering why I don't just get a Facebook, but it's because I think social networks, for the most part, are dumb. Ah well. I know you're eating is way too strict for me anyway, I just enjoy watching your videos.