My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 of 16: Life Always Gets in the Way


Dear Boys and Girls,

Had I not felt like I had to report back on my blog this morning, I probably would have skipped my resistance workout. It was one of those frustrating days where life kept getting in the way of my goals.

At 9 pm, after an exhausting day of moving stuff from a truck to our apartment, to storage, to another storage, to our apartment....you get the idea...I pulled my hair back tight and hit the gym downstairs.

I would have done P90X, but the house was full of boxes and this Barbie needed some air. People think I'm always cool and collected, but really, I'm not. Clutter overwhelms me and throws me in a state of anxiety that once set off, I find it hard to get out of for the rest of the day. Boxes, boxes everywhere, here and there, everywhere. Ugh, I was miserable for much of the day.

Sometimes things just have to get done, like unpacking a truck and getting stuff in and out of storage. With just one day to do it, since Jason is leaving for Miami today, it couldn't be done in parts. That meant that our day had to be devoted to moving, you know, to taking care of life stuff. But, goodness, was I frustrated. In a perfect world, the boxes would move and unpack themselves and I would be left to workout and eat my seven meals a day in comfort and leisure.

Instead, I was cranky, unbearable even (sorry, Jason), and I ate all of my meals (except for breakfast) out of a zip lock bag.

What I was hoping would be a three hour move, took over 8 hours with all the driving back and forth, packing, unpacking, moving, did I say all this before? :) But, I knew in advance that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. So, I packed my food, put it in the truck and ate it according to schedule.

I also made sure to hydrate all day long.

By 9pm, I wanted to cry, literally. I thought about skipping my workout because I was just mentally and physically exhausted. But, I showed up, and gave it all I had. I don't want to look back and think, "I could have done more." An hour later, I felt infinitely better.

Day 2 of 16. I'm one day, one step closer to meeting my goal. And now if I could, just once and for all, learn not to get overwhelmed when life gets in the way.

Bring it!
Barbie, PhD

No comments: