My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 2 of 16: Closer


Dear Boys and Girls,

It's crazy how in 15 days I plan to look ridiculously fit. I mean, I'm already super fit, but the idea of "tapering down" and making final adjustments so my results can really be showcased is kind of funny to me.

Day 1 of 16 in preparation for my year-end pictures was....routinely. Getting on the treadmill after driving a huge truck from LA to TX was tiring. Having to do resistance training in the mid-afternoon was kind of fun. But, planning my meals and doing things around my eating and workout times was tough. I did it though, with minimal complaints. :)

Day 2 of working out with purpose and intensity is here. This is the plan for today:

PLAN:

Slept 8 hours. My body needed it!

FOOD and WORKOUTS:

Shakeology with water (I don't mind). Dog walk.

Cardio, an hour. Treadmill and elliptical.

Immediately followed by breakfast 1/2 cup oats uncooked (I cook em!) and 4-6 egg substitutes.

2 hours later. Snack. 2 brown rice cakes and whey protein (scoop). I'm letting go of the peanut butter for now.

Workout in an hour. I think I'll do Brazil Butt Lift, plus my own squats and leg work. Torture? We'll see. :)

Shakeology as post recovery drink with a scoop of creatine.

Lunch: 1/2 sweet potato, fish, veggies. NO salt ever.

Snack 2 hours later. Hummus and veggies, 1 scoop whey.

Meal number I forget: chicken and cauliflower.

2 hours later: Next meal: chicken and veggies.

Before bed: whey, creatine, and BCAA (to build muscle, not for weight loss).

In the midst of all that eating, there's life. We have a giant truck to unload, a house full of boxes, work that I need to catch up on, emails that need answering, dogs that need paying attention to, a boyfriend that is heading back to Miami for work tomorrow, and um, some letters of recommendation that need to be written. Sigh, there's more.

Life is easy, huh? No, it's not. But I want to achieve elite fitness and I'm willing to juggle to make it happen.

Will Work for Abs. OH, and must drink water.

Bring It!
Barbie, PhD

2 comments:

screwdestiny said...

See, that's the thing that I find hard about a lot of diet plans. I don't mind eating healthy as long as there's decent variety, but all of them have me eating so much more often than I'm used to. I understand that this is because it's what's best for your body, but what am I supposed to do when I work an eight hour shift and only have one break? That literally doesn't allow me to eat snacks at two or three hour intervals, and it's just frustrating. I'm not saying that I don't eat healthy because of this, but it does make it really hard to follow diet plans that call for eating so often.

Coach Barbie, PhD said...

I hear you on the difficulty of eating often at certain jobs. I tell people to sneak almonds and a cheese stick in their pocket...and eat it in the bathroom if they have to. but, I know it's hard.