My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 8 of 16: Just Shut Up and Lift


Dear Boys and Girls,

It's day 8. I have exactly seven days to go before my photoshoot.

Although I slept 9 hours and 15 minutes last night, I woke up dead tired. Honestly, I don't think I slept too much, but still. I'm just tired, and it's understandble. I am pushing myself hard, harder than I would normally. In PlyoX Tony Horton says, "You can do anything for 30 seconds." I know I can push hard like this for another seven days.

On Monday, I start cutting back on carbs for four days. I'm looking forward to it, but omg, I'm scared. Although I eat every two hours, and do eat carbs (oatmeal for breakfast, rice cake for one of my snacks, and sweet potato for lunch), I am always H U N G R Y and ready for the next meal! My body is truly a furnace right now. Strangely, I'm not craving anything. I just want food, even if it's saltless chicken!

So, after dragging my feet, reorganizing the closet, and trying to remove dog-poop stains from my carpet (Johann was sick all day!), I texted my friend who is a trainer and competitive figure bodybuilder...I wanted her expert advice on whether I should take a day off since I was tired or just suck it up.

Have some green tea, she recommended, and do it.

Nice. I had been hoping for a different answer, of course.

I had some coffee instead, which I probably shouldn't have done. I realized this morning, it's the last of my bad habits. I've managed to give up alcohol and cheese, which I love, but not coffee. In my defense, I have cut back a whole lot.

Anyway, the coffee didn't quite do the trick. Ugh. But, I knew I had to show up. So: I forced myself to shower, put on some perfume (why??!), and put on a cute outfit...all to go on the treadmill downstairs in the basement where I get to face a wall.

Something magical happened while I was on the bike (I ditched the treadmill for a while). My friends on facebook pushed me along, encouraged me to keep going, reminding me that I only had another week to go. Then Jim, one of the twins from the Biggest Loser, wrote to tell me I was his new inspiration. How sweet was that?

When I was done with cardio, I noticed I wasn't alone. Oops, had I been singing, I wondered? Um, had I passed gas? (All those vegetables! I know, TMI!!!) But she said I hadn't been, singing, that is. :) Before you knew it, I had made a new friend, Danielle, who will be starting Slim in 6 tomorrow. I'm excited about her journey. We both agreed that this was meant to be. When people "stumble" upon Beachbody, they're usually at a turning point. I'm so happy that I could have a little tiny part in that process and I'm happy to have met someone new.

I'll be heading downstairs to do my second round of cardio in just a minute. Tired? Yes. But motivated. Determined. Focused.

I'll see you at the top!
Barbie, PhD


p.s. From here until January 16, til next Saturday, I'll only do 2 resistance workouts with P90X. I'll be leaning out with cardio. It's time to shred!

1 comment:

screwdestiny said...

So what is your photoshoot, exactly? Are you getting professional fitness pictures done, or is that just when you're going to snap your official pictures? Good job on doing your workouts today!