My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Sunday, February 7, 2010

135.8 POUNDS Down During the First Seven Days of the Eating Clean Challenge!


Dear Boys and Girls,

Deciding to eat from only the top two tiers of Michi's Ladder back on August 20th, 2009 was the best thing that I could have ever done for myself and eventually for others. It had previously taken me a year to lose 2 lbs, but by choosing food items from the top two tiers of Michi's Ladder, I was able to lose 8 lbs in a little over a month.

Whatever it was that I had been doing up until that point had been working, but I wasn't seeing the kinds of results I was seeking. I wanted to be leaner. I wanted Abs! So, I decided to give Michi's Ladder a go, not really knowing what to expect.

I decided to set up a challenge last week because there were just so many people writing to inquire about my eating regimen. I figured, wait, duhhh, why not set up an Eating Clean Challenge and spell out the rules for everyone.

People sayyyyy the want to change, that they're ready. Well, okay, come on, then, let's bring it.

And man, did folks embrace the challenge.

In just six days, we have 120 members, and the group is growing daily! I added up the number of pounds lost since Monday, a whopping 135.8 lbs!! About 50 people responded and from those, about 4 reported having lost zero pounds and zero inches.

Two comments:

1. The challenge proves that by making small changes, like giving up alcohol, eating fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, and staying far away from sauces and other processed foods, you can get to where you want to be.

You CAN get this done! You ARE getting it done! Yes!!!

2. The challenge also proves that we're all different and that not everyone will lose weight at the same speed. That's okay.

If you are truly bringing it and are truly keeping track of your foods and eating the right amount of calories (not too few and not too many), you WILL lose weight. If you throw in the towel too soon, you'll never be able to witness the new fit you. Yup, that sucks, and it is that simple.

So, keep going. The only way out is through.

As we go into Day 8 of the challenge, I want to invite others to JOIN US. This is NOT a CONTEST. If you fall on your face and have a bad day, just hop right back on. Stop waiting for a better day to start.

Today IS the day. To join, find me on facebook: www.facebook.com/BarbieDecker and post on my page asking where you can find the Eating Clean Challenge. It's under Events, but I will point you in the right direction.

Or, just follow along, but whatever you do, Do Something good for yourself!

You've only got one life. Live it well!

Barbie, PhD

1 comment:

Sweet Charity said...

"If you throw in the towel too soon, you'll never be able to witness the new fit you. Yup, that sucks, and it is that simple."

So, so true. I've been trying for TEN YEARS and still goin'. I'll get there.