My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm too vain to be fat. Part II.

Slim in 6: before and after pictures

Part II

I started the Slim in 6 express diet/exercise program the day before I was about to strike out on my own to a new city. I full-heartedly embraced the idea that there is no time like the present to take control of your life; nothing was going to stop me.

For the first week, I pressed play every morning and evening, took my multi-vitamin, cooked my meals (which I had not done in a while!), and drank my water. I was so surprised by how easy it was!

I didn't have a scale at the time, but after just a few days, my clothes were fitting better. Yeah!

On the fifth day of Slim in 6, the unexpected happened: I partially tore a tendon in my calf while exercising. When I went to the doctor he told me that my injury would heal in about six weeks, but that I could "probably" do the elliptical machine or any other exercise that didn't compromise my calf. I took a cab that day, struggled to walk my dogs for a few days, and cried the first two or three days out of sheer frustration. Honestly, I felt that destiny had played a cruel trick on me.

I wasn't sure how long I wouldn't be able to exercise, but after a brief pity party, I decided that I wasn't going to give up. It was time to stop feeling sorry for myself: after a few tears, I decided that I would modify my workouts and make sure that my diet was impeccable.

Within three days after my injury, I was doing a modified version of Slim in 6 's "Start It Up." I had to skip the lunges, the jumping jacks, and several other moves. I was proud that I hadn't let my injury get in the way.

I placed the progress poster on my fridge, crossed out every day completed, and renewed my commitment and inspiration by looking at the Photo Gallery on the Million Dollar Body Club. I hadn't begun posting on the forums yet, but I was a lurker on a French speaking thread (hi, Marg!). I was so inspired by this French-speaking group of women who were making it happen!

I, too, had made the commitment; there was no more room for excuses. I had been there and done that. I was unstoppable. I am unstoppable.

I remember hanging on to Debbie's promise in the Burn it Up video, the part where she says, "Just keep with it. Before you know it you're going to be shopping for sizes much lower." I can still hear her voice now. Week after week, I felt myself getting smaller. Oh, yes, boys and girls, Debbie delivered!

After six weeks on Slim in 6, I had lost ten pounds, over 5 inches off my waist, 2.5 inches off my thighs, and many more inches everywhere else.

I felt like myself again. Writing this now I am reliving the joy I felt back in September.

After taking the suggested recovery week, I was ready for my journey into P90X. It was also the week that I decided to become a coach.

The rest, well, is history. I'm hooked on the programs and committed to helping others transform their lives, one meal, one workout at a time.

BRING IT!

Barbie

No comments: