My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 2: Say It Ain't So!


My first thought this morning was: Is Day 2 already here? No, kids, it's not what you think. Day 2 came a little too soon for me. I woke up feeling every fiber of my chest muscles from yesterday's Chest and Back P90X workout. Imagine I hadn't done girl push-ups, I thought to myself, as I stretched out to determine which part of my body didn't feel sore.

As I lay in bed, feeling admittedly more lazy than sore, I debated whether I should opt for an easier workout than Plyometrics, which Tony himself calls "The Mother of All Workouts."

Would choosing, say, CardioX over Plyometrics be a cop-out? In my case, yes. At the start of the Plyo workout, Tony says that if you're not "PlyoX ready," you can always substitute it with CardioX. Was I in all honesty NOT PlyoX Ready? After two rounds of P90X, I am definitely physically ready for the challenge. "Oh, but I am so sore," I said to myself in my whiniest voice.

But whenever thoughts of burgers and mojitos and feelings of laziness creep up on me, I call upon that part of me that wants to achieve extreme results. So, this morning I thought of how I want to look this summer, I thought of Josh's most amazing abs, I thought of my promise to really Bring It this time around, and before I knew it, I was getting dressed.

Did I feel like doing PlyoX? Not really.

Did I do PlyoX this morning? Absolutely.

I admit, my eyes were fixed on the timer pretty much the whole time. It was a tough workout. As I neared the finish line covered in sweat, I felt myself energized. I was smiling.

I'm going for it, Kids. A promise is a promise. Day 2 down. 88 more to go.

Bring it!

Barbie

2 comments:

PCramer said...

I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog daily. I can really identify with your shared thoughts and feelings even though I am not doing the "X" this round. Great job, Barbie!!

Lisa B said...

It's Plyo Barbie! Tony is right...Plyo IS the mother of all workouts. AWESOME job bringing it even with your Chest & Back muscles screaming at you. Go Barbie go!