My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Story of a Chicken Wing




If you've been reading my blog this week you'll know that Nazly is my runner/triathlete/P90Xer friend, the one that I've been staying with this week, and the one who has been pushing me all week to Bring it Beyond Bringing it. My workouts with her have been so good that I really am considering trekking from Brooklyn to Queens at 5 in the morning just so we can bring it together.

Well, listen to this...

I came home Tuesday evening to find Nazly and another friend looking guilty as I walked through the door. When I asked why they were smiling, Nazly reluctantly admitted that she had just ordered some buffalo wings. She also confessed that she hadn't expected me to arrive that early and that she had been planning to hide her infraction from me! Before I even had a chance to respond, she added that she had had to come home early from work because she hadn't felt well all day, to which I responded, "...And the chicken wings are supposed to make you feel better?" To that she replied, "Mujer (woman), that P90X nutrition plan is really hard to follow."

It definitely is challenging at first. But, let's face it, a plate of fried chicken-wings is not exactly trying to get the eating part down.

Boys and Girls, I am not the chicken-wing-morality police! I want to see my friends and the people I coach attain measurable results, especially if they're spending over an hour a day Bringing It on the mat six days a week. If we don't bring it in the kitchen like we do on the mat, our results will be minimal if not non-existent.

I wanted Nazly to enjoy her chicken wings and her little side of carrots. But, after that, I wanted to get to the heart of the matter. What is stopping this dedicated athlete from Bringing It in the Kitchen?

When I asked her about her eating habits since she started the X, I quickly realized that she's not planning ahead. If we don't plan what we're going to eat ahead of time, we will most likely make bad choices out of hunger. This was Nazly's case and I suspect this is the case for many people.

In tomorrow's installment of Barbie's Most Awesome Blog, I'll share my tips for planning ahead, whether I'm traveling all day with dogs as was the case on Sunday or whether I'm out all day in the town, as has been the case all week. You really can Bring it in the kitchen even when you have a million things to do.

Stay tuned...

In the meantime, BRING IT!

Barbie

No comments: