I originally posted this on July 11, 2007: Barbie's Review of Tony's One on One Plyo Legs (volume 1., Disc 1). I am posting it again so you can view it side by side with Coach Heather's.
This morning I brought it hard with Tony Horton's latest workout: One on One Plyo Legs (Vol. 1, Disc 1).
The Burning Question of the Day: So, Barbie, what did you think?!
Here we go, boys and girls, my INITIAL THOUGHTS on Tony Horton's latest workout. Please note: these are just my initial impressions, to be taken with a big grain of salt, since workouts tend to grow on me and I was trying to take mental notes as I was doing the workout.
- Nice background. The video was filmed in Tony's personal cool home-gym in Los Angeles. You can see real trees through the giant windows in the house.
- Tony talks a little too much for my taste in the beginning. Can he just get on with it?, I found myself asking.
- The first 3 moves were moves that we find in Plyo-X. This was initially disappointing as I was hoping to be shocked and have my butt whooped right out of the gate. Don't worry, the butt-whooping happened soon enough...
- Once I got to try a few new moves, I was glad to be doing something familiar! The new moves were just as challenging and and just as fun as the old ones. So: similar, but different!
- I still think Tony talks a little too much and that we could move faster from one exercise to the next. However, there were certain times that I was very glad for the small rest period in between exercises.
- LISTEN UP, THIS IS KEY!
Also, Tony has you hold certain poses for longer periods of time than in Plyo-X. To what end? ADDED BURN, baby, that had this X-girl wanting to scream! Holy Cow, after 15 minutes, I was glad for what I perceived to be longer rest time between exercises.
- I thought it was a very good workout, comparable to Plyo-X, but slightly different. We don't always want to do the same dvd's, so yes, I do think it's worth it. I would estimate that about 20% of the moves are new.
- If you like animals or have pets, I think you'll appreciate Tony's stopping in between a move to let the kitty in.
- Uh, Tony really knows how to spit!