You have got to check out my girl Stephanie's blog, The Fitness Link. Below you'll find her latest blog entry.
If you'd like Stephanie to coach you, click here or email her at email@example.com.
To Your Fitness!
I am a 40 year old Chiropractor in the process of getting my license. Before I became a Chiropractor, I was a Massage Therapist and felt the need to do more as I believe in the mind, body, spirit connection. Fitness has always been a part of my life ever since I can remember. I grew up competing in gymnastics and playing sports of all kinds. This has carried over into my adult life. I am a very motivated person when it comes to fitness and love to help people reach their fitness goals in a healthy positive way.
THE VAKS BALANCE
Is your goal to get in the best shape of your life? It takes discipline and commitment! Here is a simple tool that is highly effective in reprogramming the mind.
The VAKS Balance is a simple and powerful tool for programming new, positive thoughts into the visual, auditory and kinesthetic centers of the brain. This technique can be used for any goal you want to achieve. Here are the steps:
1. Get clear...Meditate for 1 minute and focus on your goal.
2. State your goal...For example, “I am going to loose 10lbs by 9/2008."
3. Repeat the goal three times while performing lazy 8’s. With your arms out in front of you, fingers interlinked, palms together and both thumbs pointing up. Move together as if you are drawing the number 8 on its side. (a lazy 8 or the infinity sign) Start in the middle of the "8" and move up to the left and then down and around to the right. Go slow enough that your eyes can follow your hand. This is a very slow movement. As you make the movement, say the goal once and visualize what your completed goal will look like, Repeat 3 times while stating the goal.
4. Acupressure Ears...There are about 400 acupressure points on your ears corresponding to virtually every major organ in your body. Take your index finger and thumb and gently pinch the top of your ear. Roll the skin backwards, working down to the bottom of your ears. As you roll the skin back, working from top to bottom, say your goal aloud with your eyes open while you visualize what your goal will be like when it is complete. Repeat above steps, except this time close your eyes as you state your goal aloud and visualize it. Finally, repeat again with your eyes open, saying your goal silently to yourself as you visualize it.
5. Repeat the affirmation three times while cross crawling. While standing, bring both hands above your head and lower one hand as you bend the opposite knee to 90 degrees. Touch the knee with the hand. Straighten the leg and return the hand overhead. Repeat with the other hand and knee. This switches on the right and left hemispheres of the brain. While you cross crawl, say your goal aloud once with your eyes open as you visualize your goal already completed. Repeat above steps, except this time close your eyes as you state your goal aloud and visualize it. Finally, repeat again with your eyes open, saying your goal silently to yourself as you visualize it.
6. Spiritual Integration...Place your hand on your heart and say your goal aloud 5 times, visualizing what the completed goal will look like as you say it.