My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Choices We Make





Mmm, cupcakes in the shape of cookie monster heads! How can a girl resist? Well, um, they look kinda gross, but I am curious as to how they would taste....

....It's Friday afternoon and my coworkers have just ordered some pizza. Aw, what the heck, it's Friday! TGIF!...

Omg! It's my friend's birthday and here I am at a Mexican restaurant. You knowwww how much I love me my margaritas. Maybe I'll just have one. I'll be good, I promise. In fact, I'll even skip on the quesadillas.

Righhhhhht.

****

Boys and Girls, should you have the cookie monster cupcake head (just a few bites) or the burger and fries? What about that lonely little cookie that's sitting in the break room?

My answer is not a resolute no. Really, it all depends.

If you're looking to change your body, if you're struggling to drop some weight, if you're dying for a six-pack, if you want to get in the best shape ever, then perhaps you should say no. The life we live, the body that we have are the result of the choices that we make. It really is that simple.

Trust me, I know, saying no is the hard part.

All week I've had little dancing images of muddy chocolately chocolate cake dancing in my head. I have not given in to temptation only because this past weekend I had more than a cheat meal. I had too many glasses of wine on Saturday and a quesadilla (shh on the margarita) on Sunday. When Monday rolled around, however, I knew what I had to do to get back on track.

I quickly got back on track because I know that if I want results like the ones I have gotten, I cannot splurge like that more than seldomly.

I'm not going to beat myself up for infrequent indulgences, but I am not going to allow myself to repeat them very often either. I vowed to have a six-pack by December, and while I may not get it by then (grrr), I have certainly been making steady progress. I want to see myself getting fitter and fitter. My desire to look and feel fit is stronger than my desire for chocolate cake. That's what allows me to say no.

Some days are easier than others. Today, it was tough! Instead of chocolate cake, I toasted one slice of bread, spread a thin layer of Polaner All-fruit jelly, and pretended it was dessert. Thank G*d for the power of the imagination!

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

No comments: