My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

BeachBody Revolution, What It's All About!




On December 19th, BeachBody will be launching its first ever coaching infomercial. Kids, if you've ever thought about coaching, the time is now! Once the infomercial hits the airwaves, the company is expected to explode.

Here's my story of how I came upon coaching and how it has grown into something I never even imagined.

I decided to become a coach in September 2007 because I was having a blast helping others on the community forums achieve their fitness goals. I've blogged about it before, but prior to becoming a coach, I had been afraid of the "ick factor." I didn't want to be associated with business or with funny-duddy-marketing companies. I simply wanted to coach! It was and still truly is about helping others transform their bodies and their lives through fitness.

One day in September I called my coach TheFitDoc, an anesthesiologist, and told him that I wanted to coach, but that I was afraid of getting involved in some sort of scheme. He asked me to look around me and see the kind of people that make up this awesome community. The people around me (on the message boards) were living the fit lifestyle and making a difference in the lives of others. Also, BeachBody has been around for over 10 years and is on the Fortune 500 list. Perhaps most importantly, he told me that I could cancel my monthly coaching membership fee of $14.95 at any time. In other words, I had an out if at any point I decided that coaching was not for me.

After thinking about it for a few days, I signed up to be a coach. To be honest, that night I had a knot in my stomach. Did I do the right thing? Did I just get scammed? Was I getting into something fishy? These were all questions that were dancing around in my head. But when I woke up the next morning and simply did what I do--pressed play and supported the people on the message boards--I felt reassured. Everything just felt right.

When I first started coaching, my intention was not to make money or to develop a business. In fact, I specifically asked my coach to not speak to me about the business side of things. I was an educator, not a business person! (Thanks, Doc, I'm glad you listened.) Slowly, but surely, the folks I was coaching began growing into the role of coach, one by one. It's a wonderful thing--people just feel compelled to share what BeachBody has done for them. What better way to do that than through coaching?

Coaching has always been and always will be about fitness and helping others. The fact that I am earning a sizeable weekly check doing what I love is truly amazing for me.

Coaching can just be a way to get 25% percent off your orders or it can be your ticket to early retirement. No joke. I can help you get there.

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD
coachbarbie@getfitwithbarbie.com

No comments: