My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Someone Feed Barbie, Please!


Goodness, gracious, shame on me! I just entered my food intake on www.fitday.com and it turns out that I have been underfeeding myself for over two weeks.

I began following the Zone meal plans roughly three weeks ago. I have been eating five meals a day. Each meal consists of protein, carbs, and fats. Truly, it has felt as if I have been eating enough. But, while I am definitely eating a lot more veggies now and am eating 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat, I have not been consuming enough calories.

Why did I think to check my calories?

It's not like me to think about pizza, chocolate, rice, cookies, pizza, burgers...non-stop. Twice this week I gave into temptation. I had a whole take-out serving of Thai food that was big enough for two people or perhaps three. On Wednesday, I had pizza.

I've been able to do great the rest of the week, but only due to sheer will power.

Kids, when you feel like eating everything in sight, it's time to re-examine your food intake. Oh my, I can't believe this happened! I should have done this upon embarking on my Zone journey. I knew better than to do this. Alas, it is done and it is time to eat some more. Thank goodness!

As a coach, I always strongly encourage people to track their food intake using either www.fitday.com or www.myfitnesspal.com (free tools). We usually eat more or less than we think we are eating. I mistakenly thought that I knew how much I was taking in and paid the price with junk food.

Tonight, when I found myself craving chocolate and other treats, I decided to log in my food. I'm so glad I did. See, kids, it's not if you fall that counts, it's whether you get up.

I'm up. Lesson learned. I'll be tracking my food for the next few days until I have a better sense of how much I need to eat.

Yup, change is a process. We are always arriving.

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

No comments: