My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

ChaLEAN Extreme: Let's Get Started. The Basics.


Good Morning Boys and Girls,

I'm challenging you to do a round of ChaLean Extreme with Barbie and friends beginning on MONDAY, JANUARY 5th, 2009!

What you'll need:
*Chalean Extreme. Please be sure to be logged in when ordering to be sure your coach receives credit.

I am seriously impressed. I just spent the morning viewing the dvd's and reading through all the material. Whether you are a newbie or a pro, you have EVERYTHING you need to succeed!

Included:
*An instructional dvd: Burn Basics, Band Basics, Healthy Eats and Kitchen Makeover. This is great, especially for those who don't have much experience working out with weights.

*Dvd's 2, 3, and 4 correspond to the circuit (weight) training phases. Each phase is 30 days. There are three phases. And...Hip hip hurray--the workouts are just over 30 minutes long!

*Dvd 5: Burn it Off! (cardio) and Recharge.

*Dvd 6:Burn Intervals (cardio and strength) and 2 Ab-workouts

*Motivation CD

*Thigh toning band
*Body Fat tester

*Guidebook.

Check out the calendar. I'm going to see if there is a downloadable calendar that we can post on our fridge! Does anyone want to make one?



*Fat-Burning Food Guide. It tells you when to eat, what to eat, and how to eat. It includes tons of easy to follow recipes.

Here's the guide, and here I am in my pj's eating my cottage cheese snack. Excuse the messy hair!



What you'll need to purchase on your own:

* Exercise bands or weights.

Bands:
If you decide to use resistance bands, please trust me on this one, do purchase the ones from BeachBody. When I first started P90X, I was being cheap and bought some bands at a local sports shop. They lasted three weeks. No joke. BeachBody bands are the best, and should you receive a faulty one, BB will send you a replacement.

Weights:
If you want to splurge on weights, check out SelectTech by Bowflex. I personally am not ready to drop $400+ on weights, although I think they are well worth it.

I found this slightly cheaper alternative through Sports Authority for $150 (free shipping!). Remember, you will need two of them!

You can also get some dumbells. Depending on your fitness level, you will need weights in the 5 to 30 lb range if you are a woman and 12 to 40 lbs if you are a man.

I currently only own 3, 5, and 8lb weights. I still have some price shopping to do, but I plan to purchase 10, 12, 15, and 20 lb weights in the next month.

Since I am traveling, I will begin PHASE I of Chalean Extreme with the RESISTANCE BANDS. No need to complicate my life. I want to get started and will make do with what I have.

Alright, kids, this morning I'm going to try out the first resistance training dvd, circuit 1, with the band. I'm a little nervous, but definitely excited.

If you're on board, let's do this! If you need a coach, you know how to reach me!

Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

No comments: