My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Friday, March 20, 2009

Are You a Yo-Yo?



Dear Boys and Girls,

It's been a while, I know! I always wonder if people wonder whether my time away from blogging means time away from fitness. Are you kidding?! I am committed for life! Don't kid yourself, this is not a jail sentence. Commitment to your own fitness and health, in my hardly ever humble opinion, is the most awesome kind of commitment there could be.

Over the past year and a half since I've been a coach, I see folks come and go. I see those folks who start off strong and who drop off the face off the earth. I think of them from time to time and just hope that wherever they are, they are doing well on the journey.

Then there are those folks who commit, who press play, who eat clean, who see results, but then, when life gets tough, they abandon ship. They sometimes write to tell me that life is just too busy at the moment, that they're just gonna do a little elliptical, a little walking, a little this and a little that. Then, predictably, at least to me, they disappear. But these folks are different than the first. See, they eventually come back, usually fatter than before, feeling frustrated and defeated.

My support is unconditional. Let's do it again, girl/dude, I say. And we do it again. I remind them that we can't just abandon ship when life happens, because life is always gonna get messy at some point or another. The sooner we learn that, the better off we'll be.

Boys and girls, exercising and eating clean are probably the only things in life we can control. I know, I know, you have three kids, a super busy job, marital problems, you name it. But just know that there are others out there in a similar situation and who are making the time to take care of themselves.

Make time for you! You're worth it! Believe it.

Yours in success,

Barbie, PhD

5 comments:

pebs said...

Yes, this struck a chord with me. I'm still around - reading when I can, pressing play six days a week. Life has taking a wild turn lately and with it, clean eating has become less of a priority. Why? Well, stress has me self-medicating with those deadly Girl Scout cookies (darn that son of mine for refusing the cookies I bought for him!) and the more than occasional cocktail. I keep on, reading your blog, reading the MDB threads when I can and pushing play each day. Can I do more? Probably not right now but this blog gives me a promise for tomorrow. I will continue my path, aim for better percentages each day and, now that my son is home for a week, the cookies should be gone soon. Thanks Barbie for a great message.

Anonymous said...

Pebs,

Way to go for continuing to PP 6 times a week. And THROW THOSE COOKIES AWAY! If I want to cheat at home, I have to eat salad or at "worst", oatmeal!

Miss u!

Rachel H said...

are you talking about me???? Luckily I haven't put on any weight, but I need to get 100% back on the wagon!

Coach Barbie, PhD said...

Get on it, girl!!! The time is now!

Minnesota Fit - Alicia said...

EXCELLENT post, thanks!