My Updated Transformation: A 2-Year Journey

My Beachbody Top Coach Video and Transformation!

Facebook Badge

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Almost Ate A Table


Dear Boys and Girls,

I've gotten pretty good at listening to my body. I know that when I start craving it usually means that it's time to up my calories a bit.

For three weeks, the following meal plan that I previously posted seemed to work perfectly:

breakfast:
1/2 cup dry oats
4 to 6 egg whites

snack:
two rice cakes, no salt
1 teaspoon almond butter on each

lunch:
veggies
4 to 6 ounces of real protein (white meat)

snack:
a tablespoon or two of hummus
veggies

dinner 1:
veggies
4 ounces of chicken

dinner 2:
veggies
4 ounces of chicken

before bed, no later than 10pm:
scoop of whey
water
vitamins
creatine

128 ounces of water.

But sometime last week, maybe it was a week and a half ago, I started feeling hungry. I foolishly blew it off, thinking it was PMS or just me wanting more food. In the back of my mind, I knew that it was time to adjust my diet.

So, within two days, I added a scoop of whey protein to my snacks and upon the recommendation of a friend who is a trainer, I switched to Casein Whey Protein at night. I'm fine now and my body has adjusted just great. I am no longer hungry and all is good in Barbie land.

But it took my body about 3 days to adjust and last Friday night, I found myself ransacking my apartment for junk. I had hit the breaking point. I wanted foooood!! Um, I don't keep any junk in the house, so I ate a rice cake. But truly, that was not enough. So I went out to eat and ordered a quesadilla, which, to be honest, tasted too splurgy, too salty, and too junky. After eating super duper duper clean, not adding any salt to my diet, most commercial/restaurant foods taste too salty and just plain yucky. I ordered a dessert--um, yea, I went for broke--and that, too, tasted too sweet. Yuk. What a wasted cheat meal. The following day wasn't that much better. I just felt kinda hungry and cravy (that's not a word, I know). It took two days of junk to get me back on the right path.

On Monday I vowed to stick to my meal plan and waited patiently for the effects of the extra whey protein to kick in. It did and I'm glad.

I hope I learned my lesson: LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. Hunger is a sign that, duh, you need to eat more, not more junk, but more of the good stuff.

So on with the journey. I am on fire and loving my results. Bring it!

Barbie, PhD

7 comments:

Coach Jenny said...

there is such a thing as too little salt (and iodine). MPF can tel if you are getting enough

Coach Ange, MSW said...

hey Barbie, thank you so mch for posting this.. i was feeling the same way last week and had to get back on the grind Monday..

screwdestiny said...

A good lesson to learn. I hate when you eat something you know you shouldn't and then it's not even very good. That's the worst.

to the scale said...

Well let me first say kudos to all ur hard work! u look awesome! just started on my own beachbody journey and am encountering the same problem, I think I'll try and switch up my meal plan as u did. Thanks for the post...

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Coach Barbie, PhD said...

what?

Sweet Charity said...

ahhh, thank you so much for posting this! I love you Barbie, but sometimes you seem impossibly perfect at this fitness thing. I'm so glad to know that even someone with your dedication gives in to cravings every once in a while! I'm working on eating clean every single day, but it is a CHALLENGE! Even harder than pressing play 5/6 days a week. But I am trying, one day at a time.